The State Government is reviewing the South Australian Retirement Villages Act 2016 (the Act) and are seeking community feedback to find out whether it meets its intended objectives or if legislative changes should be considered.
The Act’s intended objectives include:
- clarifying the rights and responsibilities of both operators and residents,
- enhancing information disclosure requirements,
- providing tighter definitions, and
- ensuring improved consumer protections.
The review includes aspects related to the four key components of retirement villages:
- Considerations before someone moves into a village
- Living in a village
- Leaving a village
- Miscellaneous matters
The Act Review Summary lists each key component and their sub-components, which are all included in this consultation and a two-part Discussion Paper has been developed to facilitate the review and inform your feedback.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 16 April 2021